Hi everyone!
Ms "Daisy LaNelle Yarrow" has been turning and moving all around in my belly. I don't know if it's because I can feel her more as she's my second child or if she just can't quite get comfortable. She has moved from breach on the right side of my belly to transverse with her head on the left side of my belly. We had an impromptu ultrasound last week because she was so low in my pelvis that the estimated measurement of how far along I'm supposed to be vs. my belly size didn't match. Dr. Counce wanted to make sure there was plenty of amniotic fluid and placenta and that she was growing appropriately. All is well after the ultrasound. She's about 2 lbs, 6 ounces and all fluid, etc etc is as it should be.
Friday is our 3d/4d ultrasound. We are taking Dwyer with us to meet her new sister. For those of you I haven't told, Dwyer has been lifting her shirt, pointing to her belly and telling everyone at her school where her baby is. I begged her to PLEASE give me at least 18 years before she tells me that!
With Dwyer I stopped running just to be on the safe side. With Daisy, I'm still running just very slowly. It's usually only for about 60-90 seconds of running with 60-120 minutes of walking. It still gets my heart rate up and hopefully will help lose the baby weight in July. The great thing is that Dwyer still loves to ride in the jogging stroller with me. She gets to have her snack and juice with the cool breeze off the MS river in her face and I get to exercise.
I've gained about the same amount of weight, my hemoglobin (iron) is the same as with Dwyer (low) and my fasting blood sugar was about the same (120 = good). I'm getting the same awful ugly dilated vessels in my legs that went away after Dwyer and hopefully will do the same with Daisy. It's been pretty much the same after the awful nausea with Daisy went away.
Dwyer is speaking more and more every day. Her favorite food is avocado ("aloe") and she always likes to pick out the elephants ("elo") in her books. Her favorite color is yellow, as the color of everything is "yellow!". She loves her bubbles in her bath and she loves to throw color tabs in there so the water changes color. Always, according to her, yellow, even though it'll be red, blue, purple, green, etc. She wants to do whatever we are doing these days. She gardens, cleans, paints her toenails, files her nails, brushes her hair, blowdries her hair, dips chips, among many other things. We're working on her dishwasher unloading skills!
Since the weather has been nice she goes outside 2-3 times/day with her class. This ensures a child who comes home with not only lunch all over her shirt but dirt stains with rocks and/or dirt in her shoes. This tells me that she had a GREAT day.
That's all for now. We have enjoyed spending as much time outside as we can in the wonderful weather. We are looking forward to Memphis in May, as the month is one of the best in Memphis. Lots of music, crawfish and barbeque!
Hope you all are well!
Sara
No comments:
Post a Comment